Halle Berry, 51, and new boyfriend Alex da Kid, 35, enjoy date night

They went public with their romance when they shared sweet photos of each other on their respective Instagram pages on Tuesday morning.
And Halle Berry, 51, and her new music boyfriend producer Alex da Kid, 35, looked cozy as they enjoyed a date night in London on Tuesday.
The Academy Award-winning actress looked smitten with her man as they walked arm-in-arm to a restaurant.

Kardashians ‘sued for $32 million for failing to pay former beauty line marketer share of profits

The former CEO of a celebrity beauty company is seeking as much as $32 million from the Kardashians over their Kardashian Beauty line.
TMZ reported Thursday that John LaBonty, who headed up Boldface that launched the line, alleges Kim, Khloe and Kourtney along with momager Kris Jenner failed to pay him an agreed five percent share of profits from their beauty products.
The reality TV family had a deal with Boldface to market the beauty products and although the company was acquired by another company in 2014, Labonty says he’s still entitled to millions of dollars in profits.
DailyMail.com has contacted reps for the Kardashians and Jenner for comment.

It’s the latest suit to be filed stemming from the launch of the Kardashian Beauty line back in 2012.
It debuted as Khroma Beauty with Boldface marketing the products.
But almost straightaway it was hit with lawsuits from the owner of a high-end Beverly Hills makeup studio named Chroma and a Florida woman who’d trademarked the name Kroma for her own makeup line in 2004.
During the ensuing legal drama, sales of the Kardashian products slumped and in 2014, Hillair Capital Management acquired Boldface and invested $10 million to salvage the beauty line.

 

 

Almost 90 missing, at least 8 dead in Libya migrant shipwreck

At least eight migrants drowned and almost 90 others went missing after a shipwreck off Libya, a local official citing survivors who had clung onto the sinking vessel for days said Thursday.

The Libyan navy said the shipwreck occurred off the coast of Sabratha, a town west of Tripoli that is a hub for illegal migration to Europe and from where the vessel had set off.

Eight bodies were found and 35 migrants rescued on Tuesday and Wednesday, Seddik al-Jayach, an official in Zuwara, further west, told AFP.

Survivors had clung onto the sinking vessel for five days before it ran aground on a beach near his town, he said.

According to survivors, the ship was carrying between 120 and 130 migrants of different African nationalities, including women and children, he said.

Last week, Libya’s coastguard rescued more than 3,000 migrants aiming to cross the Mediterranean to Europe, while Italy picked up another 2,000.

Though the numbers attempting the dangerous voyage have dropped off significantly in recent months, the rescues indicate the route is still very much open.

The tally was the highest reported out of Libya for a one-week period since a dramatic fall in numbers in mid-July.

Togo readies for fresh protests amid charges of repression

Opposition parties in Togo readied for a second day of demonstrations on Thursday over the rule of President Faure Gnassingbe, the scion of Africa’s oldest political dynasty, amid accusations of harsh repression by the security forces.

Opposition leaders, at the start of a march in the capital Lome, condemned a crackdown by security forces of demonstrations in the far north of Togo, and accused troops and militia of infiltrating the rallies.

At least 77 people were injured in the town of Bafilo when security forces fired rubber bullets at the crowd on Wednesday, according to the opposition.

Four people who were critically wounded were sent for treatment in Sokode, the country’s second biggest city, about 50 kilometres (31 miles) to the south, it said.

In statement, the opposition added that soldiers and militiamen in civilian dress “infiltrated demonstrations” in the northern cities of Bafilo, Kara, Mango, Sokode and Dapaong.

“In Dapaong, soldiers staged punitive operations all night,” the coalition said.

“The town is burning,” opposition leader Brigitte Adjamagbo-Johnson said. “The market is at this moment burning and there is shooting”.

But a source close to the presidency blamed the violence on Panafrican National Party (PNP) of opposition leader Tikpi Atchadam, accusing its supporters of attacking officials of the ruling Union for the Republic (UNIR) and torching houses.

In Mango, the source said, a nine-year-old child was killed and 25 people were injured, including 10 by gunshot.

The injuries were caused by hunting rifles and other guns — types of weapons that the security forces did not use, the source said.

Francois Patuel of Amnesty International said that “despite official declarations in favour of appeasement, the repression of demonstrations by the armed forces continues.”

Amnesty called for “an independent and impartial inquiry” into the child’s death in Mango and use of force by security forces.

Patuel also said on social media that the popular messaging service Whatsapp had been blocked.

The opposition has boycotted a vote on constitutional reform that would have included a presidential term limit, arguing it was a ploy to let Gnassingbe stay in power until 2030.

They want the limit to apply retroactively so that Gnassingbe, who has been in power since 2005, could not run again in 2020.

His father Gnassingbe Eyadema ruled from 1967 until his death in 2005.

Historic demonstrations

To press their demands, the opposition staged rallies on September 6 and 7 that drew more than 100,000 people — an unprecedented turnout in a country widely criticised for stifling democracy.

The 14-party coalition has called for follow-up rallies for Wednesday and Thursday.

Thousands of people thronged Lome in rival demonstrations on Wednesday.

Police said 10,000 to 15,000 people marched nationwide on Wednesday, but Eric Dupuy, spokesman for the main opposition National Alliance for Change (ANC) party, said “tens of thousands of protesters” marched in the capital alone.

Mobile phone networks and 3G services had been severed for more than 24 hours on Thursday morning, while wifi networks ran intermittedly.

Veteran political opposition leader Jean-Pierre Fabre has called for new demonstrations to be held on September 26, 27 and 28.

Rihanna showcases her décolletage in a sexy off-the-shoulder dress

 

A ripple went through social media on Wednesday when some of Rihanna’s fanbase discovered the real meaning behind her Fenty brand name.


But Rihanna was proudly representing the brand that bares her moniker in Paris on Thursday night, after fans learned that it was her surname. Taking her new beauty launch to yet another European city, the Bajan beauty, 29, smiled broadly, serving once again as the perfect ambassador. More pics below….

 

 

Naked ambition! Kim Kardashian wears sheer leotard for KUWTK shoot

Kim Kardashian appears in a new promo video for the family’s 10th anniversary episode for Keeping Up With The Kardashians.
A behind-the-scenes snip was shared on Thursday on her website kimkardashianwest.com.
In it, the mother-of-two looks nearly naked in a sheer leotard as she gets made up for her closeup with makeup artist Mario Dedivanovic. More pics below…

 

Gambia pledges to abolish death penalty

The Gambia has pledged to abolish the death penalty in a clean break with the former regime of Yahya Jammeh, giving activists hope that more African states will follow its example.

President Adama Barrow, elected in December 2016, signed a UN treaty on the abolition of capital punishment following his maiden speech at the world body’s general assembly, the government said in a press release Thursday.

“By signing the treaties, the new Gambia continues to promote democracy and show the commitment of the state to protect lives of political activists,” the statement said, referring to four other treaty pledges on issues including forced disappearances.

Jammeh, who ruled the country with an iron fist for 22 years until being forced from power after losing to Barrow, executed nine soldiers in 2012 and threatened to expand a list of capital crimes in 2015 in response to what he said was a rising crime rate.

Francophone west African nations such as Benin, Congo Republic and Guinea have all made steps to ending the death penalty in recent years.

But English-speaking countries in the region are lagging.

“This is a positive step forward for Gambia when just five years ago people on death row were tragically executed and abolition seemed a pipe dream. We hope Gambia will lead the way, as no Anglophone country in West Africa has yet abolished the death penalty,” said Amnesty International West Africa researcher Sabrina Mahtani.

Although the UN has welcomed the Gambian pledge, the numbers executed in the country’s once-notorious prisons are dwarfed by those who were forcibly disappeared, a figure that runs into the dozens, according to the authorities.

The government statement claimed the move — which must still be ratified — “will remove fear and promote rule of law for citizens to express their civil and political rights.”

The treaty — formally named the “Second Optional Protocol to the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights, aiming at the abolition of the death penalty” — has been ratified by 85 member states of the UN so far.

 

 

 

 

AFP